Director of Sales And Business Development
Who we are?
Engagement Labs is an innovative, industry-leading data and analytics firm that focuses on the entire social ecosystem and its impact on business. Our TotalSocial® platform is the only platform that combines powerful online (social media) and offline (Word of Mouth) data with predictive analytics. Our cutting-edge predictive analytics uses machine learning to reveal the social metrics that will increase marketing ROI and top line revenue. Our team consists of awarding-winning industry experts with deep knowledge and experience in our field. Our clients are a diverse group of Fortune 500 brands and companies and media companies.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Sales and Business Development, working in a fast-paced, exciting industry delivering meaningful insights.
We are looking for a Director of Sales and Business Development to work with us. This is a full-time, remote role but preferably based in the New York metro area. The role is responsible for generating and developing new business meetings across industry verticals. We have had success in the past and the following traits and experience are best for success:
- Responsible for the development of new accounts and/or generating new business from existing accounts.
- Manage all aspects of our new sales and relationship development process, demonstrating the ability to develop a deal framework for all opportunities that will increase the likelihood of the deal successfully closing, from identification, discovery, nurture, opportunity origination, and relationship expansion.
- Be a significant contributor to Engagement Labs new business targets, accurately and effectively identifying/managing new market opportunities/leads, and managing pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and internal resources.
- Develop short-term and long-term retention and growth strategies for clients and deliver on those strategies to continually build a strong business pipeline.
- Build business relationships with current and potential clients via face-to-face meetings, networking events, etc., phone work, and virtual (e.g., chat, email, video conferencing, etc.) to deliver leads and opportunities.
- Effectively deliver the Engagement Labs and TotalSocial story and value proposition, becoming an expert on Engagement Labs capabilities, use cases and solutions.
- Arrange meetings for executive management with prospective clients.
- Assist with other sales activities/initiatives as instructed by the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and internal executive partners.
- Consistently evidence all activity in Salesforce and generate accurate forecast and sales activity reports for executive leadership.
What does ultimate success look like in this role?
- Proven expertise and passion for acquiring new clients
- Proven expertise in properly activating a strong and relevant rolodex/network
- Proven success in breaking through the clutter and setting meetings
- Established track record for setting up senior level meetings to Fortune 500 companies and brand that translate to sales
- Ability to identify relevant decisions makers in companies
- Accountability to meet sales meetings goals
- Provide clear weekly reporting to management
- Expertise in managing virtual meetings
- Work closely with company to achieve goals
- Weekly sales meeting attendance is preferred
To qualify for this full-time job, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- 5+ years in B2B sales and business development
- 5+ years of sales experience preferably in analytics, data or professional services; experience selling platform as a service (PaaS) applications experience strongly preferred
- Outbound sales experience an asset (minimum 3 years), with experience of successful quota-carrying.
- Experience with lead generation and prospect management.
- Strong team player with innovative ideas who can partner with others (internal and external) to achieve objectives as well as the ability to work autonomously.
- A strong and relevant rolodex/network
- Ability to hit the ground running and learn during the process
- Self-motivated and high energy with the ability to fit in well with a team
- High level of energy, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, and commitment
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Strong networking capabilities
- You are very organized with a keen attention to detail.
- You manage your time effectively and are transparent about the decisions you make and the steps required to achieve your goals.
- You believe that there is always a way to find common solutions when expressing your point of view clearly and staying positive.
- You believe that working hard and having fun are compatible.
If you recognize yourself, we should talk. Send us your resume mentioning the position at email@example.com.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Engagement Labs.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.